Saturday 3 March 2012

Cono Sur or Connoisseur?

Keeping with a similar focus as my last post, I thought I'd mention another Chilean winery that I’ve enjoyed over the last few years. Cono Sur is an international renown winery and some of you may be happy to know that they are a completely organic winery.

It was my father who introduced me to Cono Sur a few years back and since it has remained my go-to winery because it offers such a great deal. Cono Sur’s Cabernet Sauvignon/ Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon/ Shiraz are offered in 1.5L bottles for as cheap as $13.95! It is an astonishing price for a decent tasting wine.

When I began drinking wine, I primarily indulged in Merlot and Shiraz so when I tried the blends with Cabernet Sauvignon the change was subtle yet pleasant. Apart from its distinct flavour, Cono Sur wine offers the most quality as well as quantity for the price which has been a big factor in my purchasing of their product.

Besides the clever name and a pretty label, Cono Sur offers a broad selection of varietals from Viognier to Pinot Noir to Merlot. That's right, you can find more than one kind of their wine at any given LCBO or liquor store locations, unlike some companies I know.
Aside from the Cabernet Sauvignon blends I have only tasted their Pinot Noir but I am most eager to find a bottle of their Carmenere and Cabernet Sauvignon/ Carmenere, as it has recently been named the top selling Chilean wine in Vancouver. If anyone has tried their Carmenere, tell me your thoughts on it. If you're having a small dinner party or on a budget these bottles below are your best friends. I hope you enjoyed this post! See you around!

                                                      

P.S. Here’s a short video from Vancouver’s international wine festival. 




No comments:

Post a Comment